NZRC CORE: Advanced Rescuer Course
Date: Saturday 29th July 2017
Time: 0830 - 1600 (approx.)
Venue: Otago Clinical Skills Laboratories (OCSL) 2nd Floor, Fraser Building
Cost: $450.00 (incl GST)
The Advanced Rescuer Course is delivered over eight hours and starts promptly at 0830. Can we please ask all delegates to arrive at the venue by 0815.
Tea and coffee is available throughout the day, however lunch is not provided.
| 0815 - 1230
Skill Stations: Tutorials, practical application and testing
- Adult/child/infant collapse
- AED management in an emergency
- Manual defibrillation and cardiac rhythms
- Airway management
- Basic trauma management
|1230 - 1300
|1300 - 1600
- General knowledge quiz (25 questions MCQ – must get 80% to pass)
- Scenarios – teamwork and effective communication in an emergency)
- Conclusion of course and certification
- This course is limited to 12 participants and requires a minimum of 10 participants to run. If these numbers are not met by Friday 21 July, the course may not go ahead.
- Once certification has been obtained, the physical certificate is the responsibility of the successful applicant. If a certificate is lost or damaged and a replacement is required for identification purposes, the certificate-holder will need to contact the New Zealand Resuscitation Council (NZRC) to obtain a replacement certificate, at a cost. To obtain the replacement certificate, the certificate-holder will need to be able to relay the exact date of the course they successfully completed. We advise that all successful participants scan their certificates and keep a digital record for future purposes.