LGNZ EXCELLENCE Awards
The 2014 LGNZ EXCELLENCE Awards is a new event to recognise and celebrate outstanding leadership and impact across community, infrastructure and economic development within local government.
Finalists and award winners will have the opportunity to showcase their work and be formally recognised for their achievements by sector colleagues at the conference and awards dinner during the LGNZ conference.
Councils across New Zealand are invited to submit applications for one or more of the awards.
The LGNZ EXCELLENCE Awards categories are:
1. Fulton Hogan EXCELLENCE Award for community impact. The winner of this award has delivered a project or programme that has created a more culturally-connected, technically informed, safe or vibrant community in their city, town, district or region. They have demonstrated significant improvements to the way local government has engaged with their community.
2. MartinJenkins EXCELLENCE Award for local economic contribution. The winner of this award will have led an external or internal project or programme that has enhanced the economic wellbeing or the value proposition to ratepayers to parts or all of their city, town, district or region.
3. Beca infrastructure project of the year. This title will be awarded to the council whose infrastructure project has led to improved efficiencies and effectiveness for local businesses, residents and visitors, and has contributed to an economic or environmental benefit for their region.
4. Community event of the year. The winning council has held an event which has engaged their local community, drawn attendance from outside the region and received positive exposure for their region on a national or international stage.
5. The Skills Organisation outstanding contribution to local government. This award will be presented to one or more individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to local government.